The Human Resources (HR) Generalist role reports to the Head of North American Operations and works in the Durham, NC office. The HR Generalist will provide comprehensive HR support to employees and management. They will be responsible to support Trilogy’s talent acquisition process to ensure a successful recruiting and onboarding experience. This position will also support the building and continuous improvement of the HR function through the development and implementation of HR and internal communication programs.
- Lead the HR activities for the North American site supporting the business priorities and requirements while ensuring all company programs and policies are implemented and legislation is followed.
- Acts as a strategic partner to the North American site by understanding and actively being involved in providing input to the business strategies, proactively make recommendations for initiatives/improvements from an HR perspective to support those priorities.
Total Compensation Activities, Data, and Systems
- Handle all HR-related Inquiries, preparing HR documentation of employees such as onboarding, change-of-status, performance evaluations, benefits, terminations, etc.
- Handle I-9 verification and onsite onboarding support.
- Execution of payroll and funding of 401K and HSA accounts.
- Assist with the purchase of various employee insurance.
- Employee tax deduction and filing and other HR duties.
- Optimization of the various compensation programs and annual reviews of compensation packages.
- Applies corporate policies and programs and supports the education of managers and employees in total compensation philosophy.
Employee Engagement & Communication
- Leads initiatives to increase engagement through creating and maintaining communication concepts, gathering employee feedback, promoting rewards and recognition, and years of service programs.
- Promote practices that reinforce engagement and provide coaching, feedback, and training to managers on solid leadership practices and skills all to promote attraction, engagement, and retention of employees.
- Maintains an open, respectful relationship with employees encouraging feedback/input from all, and upholds and insists upon demonstration of company values by the entire team.
Compliance & Governance
- Provide HR expertise, implementation, and guidance in the areas of HR Policies and Practices to ensure compliance with company policies and legislation.
- Manages the administration of the worker’s compensation program.
Health, Safety, and Wellness
- Ensure a safe and healthy working environment for all employees by effectively managing and adhering to all Company Safety policies and legislation.
- Active participation in COVID-19 return to work planning for the site.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Human Resource Management required
- 4 years’ experience within an HR function as generalist or combination of generalist and specialist experience. Payroll & benefits administration experience preferred.
- Professional HR accreditation (Preferred)
- Based in the Durham, NC office
- Extensive knowledge of local and relevant employment legislation
- HR expertise including compensation, benefits, employee relations, Health, Safety, and Wellness
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and relationship-building skills
- Excellent problem solving, judgment, and decision-making skills
- Skilled at managing change and ambiguity
- Experience with coaching and counseling skills
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications
- A very high degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to work in a matrix environment
Trilogy Writing is a dynamic, growing company with offices in Frankfurt – Germany, Cambridge – England, and Durham, NC – USA. We provide services to a solid, international customer base that includes a broad range of pharmaceutical companies who are among the best-known names in the European and US pharmaceutical industry. We value our people and offer a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits. Visit our website to get further insight into who we are (www.trilogywriting.com).
To apply, please write in English, specifying how you comply with the experience requirements, with your CV to Pamela Fernandez at: firstname.lastname@example.org.